Sunday, July 9, 2017

Adventures in Hofsós


The Icelandic Emigration Center at Hofsós

Fishing



Time in Hofsós is flying by much too quickly for my liking. I've fallen happily back into a pattern of work at the Icelandic Emigration Center, and small evening adventures. I have the advantage this year of staying with Valgeir and Gunna at their farm, so I have been included in lots of interesting things due to the proximity. I have immediate access to a litter of kittens, two friendly dogs, and a horse, just outside the door, which is something of a dream come true. In addition to these delights, several of Valgeir and Gunna's grandchildren are around this summer and have been providing me with regular company.
Dogs and kids.
A dog and a horse. What could be better?

View from the museum's front porch, where I soak in the sun when it is quiet.

I finally have a horse in my backyard.

Kittens and kids.

I have been lucky to accompany Valgeir or Gunna out to Kolkuós, one of their other properties, several times already to check on the horses, or to do something with the fancy guesthouse that is located there. I spent an entire day observing a photo shoot there, which was very interesting, and a great excuse to hang around outside in the lovely nature for hours on end. The photographers, who represented several different European countries, were touring around the country taking pictures of Icelandic horses and the lovely landscapes, and getting advanced tutorials in photography as they traveled.

New foals at Kolkuós

Photographers at work in Kolkuós

Horse models on the beach

Models for the photo shoot
The subjects of the photographs, and their host, Valgeir, at Kolkuós









No comments:

Post a Comment